1. Aine Cretan Villa Holidays Ltd is an agent for the owner of each property and accepts bookings and maintains properties accordingly.
2. Booking is deemed confirmed once the booking form and deposit has been received by Aine.
3. The DEPOSIT required to secure the Booking is 15% of the total booking cost.
Our CANCELLATION POLICY is the following:
a.The deposit of 15% is non-refundable.
b.50-70 days before the arrival date 40% of the total payment is refundable.
c.49-28 days before the arrival date 30% of the total payment is refundable.
d.16-27 days before the arrival date 20% of the total payment is refundable.
e.0-15 days before the arrival date 0% is refundable.
4. Following the payment of your deposit, the FINAL PAYMENT of the balance due to us must be received 10 weeks prior to your arrival date otherwise we reserve the right to cancel the booking and re-let the accommodation. Any additions to your booking such as taxis, or a deluxe hamper etc. after the final balance has been paid will result in an administrative surcharge of 25 euros.
5. A returnable damages deposit of 250.00 euros will be taken upon FINAL PAYMENT This deposit will be returned to you within 10 days of your departure from Crete[less any bank fees] if there has been no damage to the accommodation. Whilst we understand that small breakages do occur, you are responsible for the cost of any breakages/damage and we would appreciate it if you could inform us immediately so that we can work it out amicably in resort.
6. We accept payments by Bank Transfer, via www.transferwise.com, or Personal Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard) and your card details should be sent to us by either e-mail or fax, once you have received the final invoice 10 weeks prior to your arrival date. We cannot accept payments with a debit card or a business credit card but Transferwise do.
7. Details on the Confirmation of booking and/or the Final Balance Paid should be checked and if there are any inaccuracies you must notify us immediately.
8. Prices. We reserve the right to alter the prices on our website at any time. The price you have contracted to pay is fixed in accordance with your confirmation of booking.
9. You must satisfy yourself that you have taken out sufficient HOLIDAY INSURANCE COVER. Your Insurance is to cover both yourself and other members in your Party against Flight Delays, Luggage Loss, Illness and, equally important, any cancellation of the Villa Booking.
10. It is always recommended that Clients book Car Hire as without transport, you will miss many of the spectacular Beaches/Mountains/Villages etc. which are in this part of Crete. Some vehicles such as people carriers and jeeps are in limited supply so it is very important to book early.
11. TAXI OR MINI BUS AIRPORT TRANSPORT can be arranged for you prior to your arrival Each Greek Taxi is licensed to carry up to 4 passengers plus luggage allowance.
12. If you require a WELCOME PACK (Standard) the cost is €30 and is payable at the time of your booking. The Welcome Pack will be put into your Villa/Apartment on the day of your arrival. For an additional €35.00 you may reserve the DELUXE HAMPER, which will contain additional items such as Wine/Eggs/Salad Items/ Cereal/ and other useful items to get your holiday off to a good start.
13. Villas are normally ready for occupation on the day of arrival at 15.00 hours. Check out time is 10 am on the day of departure. In some cases, for a fee of 10.00 Euros per hour (up to a maximum of 50.00 Euros – even if the stay is over 5 hours) we will do our best to allow you to stay on later at the Villa if there are no other Guests due to arrive. This can be arranged by us via your house/villa manager during your stay if it is possible.
14. Additional Guests. Only the people named on your booking form may stay in the villa, and the number of guests cannot exceed that which the villa is licensed for. If you would like an additional guest to stay in the villa, please ask as soon you can. We will agree to this where possible, but an extra charge may need to be made. We can supply a fold-out bed for the rental price of 10.00 euros per week - but please reserve one in advance (on this booking form).
15. Maid Service /Linen and Towels. Each villa has its own information for this information. In general the villas are cleaned once a week, with a once weekly linen change and change of towels. All of the villas have washing machines if you need extra laundry. We supply sheets, 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel per person - please check the individual villa descriptions. The maids will do a mid-stay general clean and tidy up but they do not have the time to do washing up, and are not required to do so.
16. Villa Inventory and Standards. Whilst we endeavor to have very high standards in all of our villas, please note that occasionally Greek furnishings and equipment are not always quite as modern and up to date as those in many Western European homes, this particularly applies to some of the charming older renovated homes. Some of the newer villas may have a smaller kitchen inventory than the well established villas.
17. Babies. If you are going to be bringing an infant on holiday, we can supply a travel cot. Please request this in space provided on the booking form, as we may not be able to provide a cot if it is done too late, or upon arrival in resort. We can also supply a highchair. Please note that we do not supply linen for the cot other than a standard sheet. If advance notice is given, we can usually put you in touch with a reliable independent babysitter. Disposable nappies and baby food are available on Crete, as are many baby equipment stores including “Mothercare”.
18. Air Conditioning. The majority of our villas and apartments have air-conditioning in the bedrooms and some also have it in the living room. The air-conditioning is included in the rental price but we do ask that you respect both the environment and the villa owners by only using the A/C when necessary.
19. Internet Access. Most villas and apartments now have WIFI Internet. Please check on booking for individual villas.Free WIFI internet access is also available at many local cafes.
20. Standard terrestrial Greek TV channels are in Greek, but from lunchtime at the weekends, and every night from approximately 9.00pm, there are often programs and films from the U.K. or America that are in English with Greek subtitles. When Satellite TV is available at villas (as listed in the Amenities section of each villa description on our website) it usually features "Freeview" channels available from either Arab Sat or Nile Sat. These channels include Sky News, BBC World News, CNN, and a good variety of channels which feature American movies and TV series. Very occasionally the Satellite TV is supplied by a Greek supplier which only has 2 or 3 channels inEnglish which are usually CNN, Bloomberg News, and/or BBC World News. We will be happy to advise you which TV system your villa has installed. Standard channels from the UK or Northern European countries are not available at the villas.
21. Representative Services. We have a local representative who lives locally on Crete and has a vast knowledge of the island. They will be able to give you information to many of the hidden sites, walking trails, and best tavernas that only a local would know about, as well as general information about the popular sites. They will also be able to answer any questions that you might have and help you if the need arises due to unforeseen circumstances such as a medical emergency.
22. Electricity and Water / Power or Water Cuts. The voltage is the same as in the UK at 220 volts A.C. If coming from the UK you will need a 2-pin continental adaptor. Generally the electricity service on Crete is excellent but during the long hot summer months when everyone wants to have their air conditioning units on all the time, the generating station cannot always cope. Therefore, particularly during hot weather we ask for your co-operation in conserving electricity when possible. Rolling power cuts will be occasionally made throughout Greece if the electricity company cannot cope with the demand. The water on Crete is safe to drink almost everywhere. The chemical content may be slightly different to that of your home country, therefore some people may prefer to buy bottled water. As with the electricity supply to the area, occasional water cuts may be experienced, particularly during high season. These cuts usually only last for short periods of time and are beyond our control so we ask for your understanding if this happens (though the vast majority of our guests do not experience any disruption in their power or water supply).
a. Changes by us. We (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) try to avoid making changes to your confirmed booking but very occasionally (due to unforeseen circumstances) we may have to do so. We reserve the right to do so but only if absolutely necessary. If we have to make a change to your booking, we will inform you as soon as possible and we will endeavor to offer you an alternative accommodate of equal comfort, or offer you a full refund.
b. We (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) promise to provide your accommodation with all reasonable care. We do not accept responsibility if death, injury, failure or deficiency arises through no fault of ours.
c. We (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) regret that we cannot accept responsibility for any reduction in service, due to factors beyond our control including disasters of any kind, adverse weather conditions, fire, war, or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, and all other events outside our control.
d. Building Work. Whilst we do not include any properties in our portfolio that are at the outset in the vicinity of building work, we cannot be held responsible for building work that commences subsequent to the inclusion of a property in our portfolio. Building work can start at any time on Crete without prior notification.
e. We (Aine Cretan Villas Holidays) cannot accept liability, nor be responsible for injury, accidents, loss or damage to persons or personal effects during your vacation however caused.
YOUR (THE GUESTS) RESPONSIBILITIES:
By returning the booking document and paying a deposit to us, the person making the booking accepts our terms and conditions on behalf of all party members.
In the unlikely event of a complaint, the guest must notify (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) immediately so that we can endeavor to rectify the problem. Nearly all complaints can be settled at the time. We cannot deal with your complaint if you leave things until you return home and do not report them when in resort.
THE VILLA AND/OR APARTMENT.
a. The villa/apartment is used entirely at the guests own risk.
b. It is your responsibility to take good care of the property and its grounds and to avoid causing nuisance to others. The property and grounds should be left in a clean and tidy state on your departure. We reserve the right to deduct costs from any security deposit to cover any damage, loss or extra cleaning charges over and above a standard end of let clean.
c. Observe all Laws and Abide by all Rules. The Guest, his group and his visitors shall comply with and abide by all existing and reasonable future rules and regulations governing the use and occupancy of the villa/apartment and any common areas in connection with them. The Guest and his/her group hereby expressly acknowledge that failure to abide by any rules and regulations pertaining to the villa or its common areas or failure to observe any State or Local Law or Ordinance may be grounds for immediate expedited eviction with no refund of rents.
d. As a condition of the use of this villa/apartment and pool, the guests and their visitors specifically waive any claim whatsoever against us (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) and/or the Villa/Apartment Owners for any accident or claims arising from the use of the pool or villa.
e. Children must be supervised at all times when using the balconies.
f. The barbeque may only be used by adults, and with great care at all times.
g. The indoor furniture is not to be moved from the room where it belongs without express permission. It is not to be used outside.
SWIMMING POOL (if applicable).
a. The pool is used entirely at the guests own risk. Swimming pools at villas or apartments are unattended at all times (excepting for cleaning and maintenance visits).
b. In accordance with the owners insurance requirements, I confirm that we have agreed that we do not require a lifeguard to be present at any time day or night during the period of the tenancy.
c. As a condition of the use of this villa/apartment and pool, the guests and their visitors specifically waive any claim whatsoever against us (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) and /or the Villa Owners for any accident or claims arising from the use of the pool or villa.
d. Minors (children under 16 years of age) and non-swimmers must be accompanied by a competent adult at all time when using or playing in the vicinity of the pool. It is a Greek Law requirement that children are supervised by an adult in the pool or on the surrounding areas at all times.
e. Persons however capable must only use the pool when at least one other adult is present.
f. Persons with pre-existing medical conditions which may compromise their safe use of the pool must not use it.
g. No diving is allowed.
h. Persons using the pool must ensure that they are familiar with the pool depths as shown along the pool-side and the location of the life ring.
i. Under no circumstances must any glassware or breakable items be taken out into the pool area.
j. No running or rough play is allowed in the pool or pool area.
k. No person under the influence of alcohol or drugs (legal or otherwise) may use the pool.
l. Persons must not open or enter either the pool room or the water holding tank.
m. Children less than 3 years of age or swimmers who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper/swim nappy.
By returning the booking form and deposit payment I (We) agree to the use the pool (if applicable) and villa and/or apartment subject to the above conditions and will not hold (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) or the Villa Owners, or their representatives in anyway responsible should any claim arise as my (our) failure to comply with these conditions. I (we) hereby voluntarily accept all risk of personal injury, death and property damage (including personal property) to myself (ourselves), our family or anyone on the Premises with our permission, which injury or damage results from our use of the Premises. Furthermore, I (we) agree that I (we) will not make a claim against or sue Aine Cretan Villa Holidays, or employees, family, or related entities, for any bodily injury, death, or property damage.
Your use of this website is a declaration that you have read this statement of the terms and conditions of http://www.rentvillacrete.com
While Aine Cretan Villa Holidays maintains copyright protection in all materials, information and publications (collectively, "Web site information") it places on this web site, Aine Cretan Villa Holidays consents to normal downloading, copying and distribution of the information for non-commercial purposes by you or within your organization only. In consideration of this consent, you agree that copies of the web site information will retain all copyright and other proprietary notices and that you will not modify the web site information in any way. Except where your use constitutes "fair use" under copyright law, you may not otherwise use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform, reproduce, publish, or distribute any web site information, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Aine Cretan Villa Holidays .
As a condition of your use of this web site, you will not use the web site or the web site information for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions. You will not use this web site in any manner that could damage, disable, overload or impair the operation of this web site or use by third parties.
You may link to the Aine Cretan Villa Holidays home page, but are not authorized to link to any other page on the Aine Cretan Villa Holidays web site without the prior express written consent of Aine Cretan Villa Holidays provided that Aine Cretan Villa Holidays reserves the right to withdraw this consent at any time in its discretion. You may not use any of Aine Cretan Villa Holidays proprietary logos, marks, or other distinctive graphics, video, or audio material in your links. You may not link in any manner reasonably likely to 1) imply affiliation with or endorsement or sponsorship by Aine Cretan Villa Holidays ; 2) cause confusion, mistake, or deception; 3) dilute Aine Cretan Villa Holidays trademarks, service marks or trade names; or 4) otherwise violate applicable law.
Web site information may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your Aine Cretan Villa Holidays representative for information about the products, programs and services that may be available to you.
Aine Cretan Villa Holidays recognizes that users may have concerns about privacy issues as they navigate the Internet. Aine Cretan Villa Holidays is committed to providing users with a safe, secure environment in which to secure information. Aine Cretan Villa Holidays will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the information you provide remains private, and is used only for the purposes stated below.
Aine Cretan Villa Holidays do not collect any information from visitors to this website nor any of their social media websites unless it is freely given by the visitor.
Links to Other Sites
http://www.rentvillacrete.com may contain links to third-party Websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to users and not as an endorsement by Aine Cretan Villa Holidays of the contents on such third-party Websites. Aine Cretan Villa Holidays is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party Websites. Links to third-party Websites are performed at your own risk.
Aine Cretan Villa Holidays does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by users or endorse any opinions expressed by users. User acknowledges that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at the User's risk.
Aine Cretan Villa Holidays encourages visitors to submit feedback. Any feedback that is submitted becomes the property ofAine Cretan Villa Holidays and we may use this feedback for marketing purposes, or to contact visitors for more information.